Wednesday, February 8, 2012

little a.'s haircut... {day 3}

We decided that little a. probably needed
a haircut before we headed home :)...
{all the locals kept asking - boy or girl?:)}
Although I was a little nervous about just walking
into a place & asking them to shear my son
{you should see some of these places!}
we  decided the memory of him getting a
haircut in Ch*na would be worth it :)...
{doesn't he look so sweet sitting here?}
the kind lady wetting his crazy hair down
{even she asked if this was a boy or girl?:)}



Our guide Johnson had to assist also...
{he admitted that never before had his guide
duties included this :)}


little a. sat there & hardly made a wimper...
& with each swipe she made w/ the clippers I
started feeling more & more sad :/...
He was emerging as a little boy & not a baby!
{humor me here will you!:)}
His hair is beautiful!:) & I wanted everyone
@ home to see him as we first did!
{I guess your going to have to look at
 our pictures to do that now - because it's gone!:)}
this haircut was quite unlike any I have ever
seen in the States :)...hair was EVERYWHERE!
He was covered ENTIRELY with clippings.
{& he was spitting & rubbing :)}
Plus the hairdresser wielded the clippers in a
way that was completely unfamiliar to me :)!
{kind of scary actually :)}
E. was pretty sure that he'd wait until we got home for a trim!:)



here our little man is all done @ last!
{he is still just as cute!:)}
oh yes...& the biggest difference between this
cut & one in the U.S.- this one cost $1.50!
{E. STILL thought he'd wait!:)}
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand about being sad about hair :)! But it will be a special memory for you and he is still so very darling! Enjoying all of your posts-thank you for sharing! SJH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you had us laughing out loud:) He does indeed still look like a sweet LITTLE boy. And yes an experience you won't soon forget:) Bless his heart he did a good job!!! And guess what your trip is HALF over!!! Had to make sure you knew that:) your doing a great job blogging!! Thank u:)!!! Love u all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww...so cute. What a difference. You know I used to watch two little 'Asian' guys. Well, their Dad has very little hair on his body and my husband is very hairy. THe younger guy used to work with my husband in the yard a lot and my husband would hardly wear a shirt. His Mom told me that one time when she gave them a hair cut, in the heat of the summer, the hair fell from his head and stuck to his little body. She started to wash him off and he said, "Nooo Mom. I want to be like Dave!" So funny.

    I am really enjoying your trip.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand how you feel about the hair. It is sad when they get it cut the first time. But he is SO SO cute with it cut! He was cute before too, but I love the cut. And he is still tiny - would love to see him in real life.

    ReplyDelete