Tuesday, September 29, 2009

my kitchen..

I enjoy looking at homes...
landscaping, decor, kitchens, baby rooms...
{you get the picture :}
Posted by Picasa
I am a detail person...
I love, LOVE, love all the little touches,
that turn a house into a home.
This is a glimpse inside our kitchen...
We have lived here since we got married
{this was E.s grandparents home!}
& made very few changes until 2 yrs. ago.
I was expecting T. & we realized we had to
have a little more room...
I adore old homes & wanted to keep
this homes originality {E. wasn't so sure & still isn't! :)
but he did agree to most of my ideas!}.
It is challenging working with an existing structure but...
For some crazy reason it seems easier for me to do that
then start completely new!
{blame it on my OCD :)}
The house was done within a few months
but turning it into us...
well that is still happening :)
I found out that I am not overly productive
or creative when I am expecting or taking care or
a baby & toddler!
Now with T. being 2 & Miss Grace 4
it seems like I am slowly having time to spend on it...
& I am enjoying it :)
--he is like a man which built a house & digged deep &
laid the foundation on a rock: & when the flood arose & the
stream beat vehemently upon that house & could not
shake it: for it was founded upon the rock...
Luke 6:48
{the pictures are poor but it is mostly neutrals with touches of robin egg blue!}

4 comments:

  1. SUPER. CUTE. KITCHEN. I love the way you dsplay your kitchen towels! ahh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too and I really like reading your blog.Post as often as you can. i am a mom too and I know you don't always have time, but you do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collage! Loved getting a glimpse into your home :)

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love old homes. They have such great architectural details. Thanks for sharing your great photos!

    If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I just put up a new post...
    Have a great weekend,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete