Thursday, September 3, 2009

Found...

--Out perusing antique {& junk} shops this week
I came across this pile of vintage dress forms.
They were made out of sewing patterns & had a
{sweet} aged patina to them...

For some reason the pile of them up against the old
brick {this shop is a former factory!} & with the
sunlight streaming through the paned windows just
struck me as lovely...

Alas I left them... {I could NOT see myself carrying
all of them & two fairly cranky children down the 3
flights of stairs to purchase them!} but I am still
thinking of them ...

What were they used for...
How could I repurpose them...
{other than for a visual display :)}
Am I wierd - for delighting in these :) ...

If you have any answers let me know &
perhaps I will decide to load the munchkins up
& head back to purchase them...



... thus saith the Lord that created thee, & he that
formed thee, fear not: for I have redeemed thee,
I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine...
Isaiah 43:1

7 comments:

  1. Sorry Jill - I accidently rejected your comment! :) but I am calling on the dress forms RIGHT NOW...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES Definitely worth a trip back...maybe without the munchkins! I spent some time on Ebay a few nights ago when I was thinking about my mannequin and what I could do with her... Out of 2000+ mannequins, there were none as awesome as these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love one of those!!! I would say it is worth a trip back too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure if Regina reads this and she hates it when I do this but.... You could totally make these dress forms.... Paper mache, old patterns, and a mannequin... I can't stop thinking about these... I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Minister Grace-
    I thought that these could be made but..
    How do you get them off {after the mold is made}? They are one solid piece. & I'm not for sure about you but I am not real keen on a mold being made of me :)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah... that made me think for a little bit too, but if you would cut them up the back, then re-mache over the seam, it would probably be okay? Maybe? I'm with you on the mold of myself... I'm thinking a plus sized pear mannequin would not be as cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just make sure one of those has my name on it if/when you get them!! I'm dreaming of them now!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete