Monday, July 18, 2011

a johnny popper of a birthday..

last fall e. got a vintage tractor
{john deere 70}
& t. was smitten...
so a johnny popper party it was...
{he calls them putt-putt's}
it was fun & challenging for me
to try to pull off a tractor party,
without the commercialization :)...

{these zinc pedestals stands just arrived @ damask -
how handy for me :)}


tractor lollipops from ericajmoore on etsy...

I searched high & low for a play tractor
just like e's & was excited to find this one...
I brought it home & showed it to t.
who promptly informed me that it
was not just like daddy's...
apparently is a narrow front end
{the 2 tires are together}
& this one was a wide...
{i have a lot to learn yet!}

another cake made by our fabulous cake lady :)...

I have been seeing felt banners around
& wanted to try my hand at it...
It went together very quickly
& I was thrilled with the results!
{it added to the festivity but still looked boyish!}



unfortunately I did not get a picture of the table
before the guests arrived...
{so excuse the bread packaging:)}
{we dined on layered hawaiian sandwich loaf}

actually I didn't get near as many pictures
as I wanted too..
with more children then adults here
it was a little crazy :)
a good kind of crazy -of course!

--How excellent is Thy lovingkindness,O God!
Psalm 36:7--
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I just love it when you show your party planner gift to us!
    You have such an eye! (I always had trouble with my boys parties!)
    Hope you had as much fun as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely party for your T! You really captured all the fun and joy that kidddos look forward to. Tractors and the Eiffel Tower – don’t you just love the originality and creativity of kids?
     
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete