--We spent a few days
in Chicago for these sweet little girls birthdays...
We went to the American Girl Factory...
& they each picked a doll out
{they chose Kit & Ruthie -best friends..how fitting is that!:)}
then we ate lunch there...
I'd say if you have a little girl,
this place is a must!...
& then like true city girls we perfected
our taxi hailing skills...whoo hoo!
{funny thing is -this is what the 2 little girls wanted to do again..
ride in a taxi...it must have something to do
w/the no seatbelts & extremely reckless driving :)...
or come to think of it..
maybe it was the horn honking &
the death grip their mamas had on them...}
we went to Fishmans
@ Rebeccas recommendation...
lots of eye candy...
then on to P.O.S.H.
I loved this little shop...
so cute & unique...
& on an evening boat ride...
&
spent the last day @ brookfield zoo...
It is amazing how much there is to do in this
huge city
{did you know it is the 3rd largest in the U.S.?}
but along with all this fun we had
our hearts were touched...
by the poverty & homelessness we also seen here.
How sobering to think that this is all only
a few hours away from us...
We left feeling rich beyond measure,
asking forgiveness where we have failed &
praying that we can show Christ love
{& share} with all...
He spoke these words...
{& it is true}
He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted;
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
to comfort all them that mourn...
to give unto them beauty for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness...
Isaiah 61:1-3
May we all be looking for opportunities to be HIS hands & feet...
Beautiful post and so well said. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday trip! What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteI always wanted an American Girl doll when I was your daughter's age, looks like you all had a blast!
ReplyDelete~Brooke
Love the photos!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are so right...well said my friend!
My daughter(now 26) was the first generation of girls to have American Girl dolls(We have Samantha...with all the trimmings)
To this day, we speak of her trip to the store it is one of those childhood memory things!
So glad you had a good time!
Blessings and hugs,
Donna
awww! It looks like you had a grand time! I thought of you often :) I think I am due for a call to you today ... I believe today is your day :) :)
ReplyDeletesh
AG is definitely an awesome place to be able to take your daughter! Your trip looks super fun!
ReplyDeleteMy mom took me along with all the other Painter Creek mothers with daughters my age when we were about 9. It was one of the most fun trips! They let us stay up *late* to watch legally blonde... that was COOL, I tell ya! :)
ReplyDelete