{wouldn't that be great, you could go back & pop the cork & enjoy it whenever...}
I just love long, leisurely days ...
I imagine that every day is a fresh new canvas
with me & my little ones finding new ways to paint it...
but alas...
the days have been flying by &
there has not been much creative "painting" going on around here...
Instead I feel like our days are a paint by number kit
& every day we {hurriedly} have to fill in the appropriate numbers...
& esp.this summer...
I really wanted to enjoy & savour every.....single.....day.....
because it is our last summer with no school children.
{can you hear me boo hooing?}
Seriously wasn't it just yesterday that we were bringing
Miss Grace home from the hosp. & now school?....
{isn't this the cry of parents every where :)}
The kicker is not only is Miss Grace starting school but...
{you'd better sit down...}
I am becoming the teacher...
{yep...never say never:)}
Anyhoo...we are homeschooling due to several different circumstances...
the main one being that we still {very much} enjoy
having Miss Grace at home & don't want the majority of
her days spent elsewhere...
Actually E. & I were both homeschooled for some of our
school years & I vividly remember thinking I will never, ever
homeschool!
But then again I never had my own 5 yr. old either...
Anyhoo...2 of them are excited about starting in a few wks...
& myself...
I'm feeling excitement mingled with a little fear & trepidation...
Can I really be teacher, mom, wife, shopkeeper, laundress,
maid, dreamer...
{would now be a good time to mention that I am not a multi-tasker?}
As for now the answer remains at large....
but I am setting forth with much idealism & prayer :)...
Affectionately Yours,
Mrs. Alee B.
{doesn't that sound teacher-ish :)}
p.s. disclaimer...by NO means do I think all have to homeschool...
at this point this is what we have chosen & I respect whatever
works for you & your family...
p.p.s & the truth of the matter is...
I am most excited about the buying of school supplies &
the setting up & decorating of the school room...
{yep...soooo excited about that!}
--Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer & supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be known unto God.
Philippians 4:6
U will do just fine and I bet your children will be taught in the very best way. I can tell u have a creative brain that wants to instill goodness and mercy in the minds of those little dittles.They will be the lucky (blessed) ones.
ReplyDeleteBlessings as you begin the school year...You will be a fine multi-tasker. With God's help, you'll even make it through the hard days :)
ReplyDeleteYour story sounds a little like ours. I wasn't EVER going to homeschool either. Then I had a 5 yr. old daughter. We are now ready to start our fifth year.
Have a great year with your little ones...I'd love to hear how it goes!
You will be a great teacher! The younger ones are the easiest:) And I used to say I could NEVER teach my children to ready!! After last year I found out that's the easiest part:)
ReplyDeleteAnd as for doing all the other stuff you also do-you will find time for that too-I promise!
it's hard to think of little ones heading off to be with someone else for a big part of their lives. i can see why people home school for this reason. {although can't decide if i have the energy to do it!} ah, yes i'm in my 3rd trimester so everything looks BIG--even blog posting. any spare time around here is spent napping!
ReplyDeletek
What an ADORABLE blog you have! And your children are to die for! They are right out of a catalog! And I had to laugh out loud when you said that you were mostly excited about decorating the school room and getting supplies - I am right there with you because before I read that part, I was thinking the EXACT same thing! When in grade school, I was the kid that always decorated the bulletin boards and classroom door. I almost became a teacher only so I could have a room to decorate each tern! Good luck and thanks for stopping by my blog. I just loved seeing yours and visiting. I will be back...
ReplyDeleteTake care
Elizabeth