Thursday, July 15, 2010

to Paris & back...{french flea re-cap}

Our little pop-up shop...

With pop-up being the key word...
due to nasty weather on Thurs.
& E. not wanting
to get electrocuted {go figure!:)}


We opted to set up early Fri. morn.-
If I'd have known how little of sleep I'd get from
stressing about setting up in just a couple of hrs.
I might of had him set up in the storm
regardless
of the risk of him getting electrocuted...


{just kidding people-just kidding :)}



Anyhow thanks to E. & the shop girls
{thats for you Donna!:)}
it got done - no problem!


Pulling a space together for a show is always interesting.

{even though this is only the 2nd time we've ever

done it!}

booth size is always different

& our tent {or surround}has been too

at the last minute we ditched our cute tent wall liners

due to the head ache of adapting them to this tent...

{i'm just a regular ol' go w/the flow type :)}

anyhoo...our space had drab white walls

&

was a little on the dark side...

{note to self-wire chandy to work next time!}

but it still looked like us...:)

all in all

the weekend was fairly successful

&

most importantly we had a great time..

Plus we got to meet some new friends..

the lovely Rebecca Ersfeld

{check out her blog for more pic.s}

we so enjoyed all of our many chats..

and a dear blog reader from Ohio who drove

3 hrs. just to see us- what a compliment!

{I'm kicking myself because I didn't get a pic. of you!}


& Tracy Leber{french larkspur}, with whom

I had the privledge of meeting last fall

but have yet to really visit with...

Sometime that is going to change :)...

Anyhoo...she took real photos of the event!

& then there is Donna...


{with me in above pic.--did I ever tell you I'm not photogenic:)}
the super talented lady that pulled this
all together... Most of my pic.s of her
are all blurred because, she honestly never stops!

She not only coordinated this whole event
but even had her own booth set up.

It was gorgeous & even more so was her displays
inside Hortons...
{did I mention that she is their display coordinator?}

This girl should be working for Anthro...


Anyhoo...that was the weekend in a short re-cap!

Thank you to Donna, Tim & Karen Horton
{for letting us all invade!}, to 2 of the best shop girls ever
& most of all to our dear customers...
{your squeals of delight make it all worthwhile :)}


Au Revoir Mes Amis...

--Sing forth the honour of His name:
make His praise glorious..Psalm 66:2
{& now I'm off to the wild west--more on that later!}



9 comments:

  1. I soooo wanted to come. Can't do it all though, maybe next year... it's definitely on my to-do list!!
    More pics of your merchandise please, I love to see what all you sell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sweet one and "shop girls"
    I already miss ya'll and look forward to the next big event at your place.

    Your post on the FFM is super sweet and we can't thank you enough for making the trip and setting up such a beautiful store front in our parking lot.
    I am still in recoop mode...but working on my poor neglected garden.
    You know me...I don't really sit still...ever
    Have a glorious weekend! And Again! THANK YOU!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi My Sweeties!
    It was sooo much fun getting to know you and your sisters!
    I hope you did well and it was all worth all the work!
    I think inside shows would be easier :)
    I didn't get home until late Sunday, Donna and I went junk'in
    Many blessings to you
    Rebecca PS Doing another post over the weekend of all my new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pop-up shop was THE best...and it was TOTALLY worth the trip. What a gorgeous show! Going to play with the fun pink polka-dot tape now. You have such cool taste and getting to meet you was grand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo going to have to try to get to Indiana next year for the flea market! It looks like it was so much fun! Just popped over from Tracey's at French Larkspur and am now happily following your blog!

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ps you take a great pic, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek, not a great picture of me, but oh well, I'm not photogenic either :) I do wish we had more time to chat, but I know you were busy and I was trying to finish and get back to Chicago before rush hour traffic. Next time, right??! Your booth looked so great!!! You have a really lovely style Amber!

    Hugs ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Found you through Rebecca. I'm a new follower, so I will be back, Marcia in Northern California

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea this was so close to me! I will pay closer attention next time! I will so be there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi back!
    Sorry I got mixed up, I knew one of them was your sister in law... you all look quite a bit alike or maybe it is just the bonnets, ha!
    and I still think the picture is cute! It is good of all three of you.
    Have a great Sunday!
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete