Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh give me a home... {& other free advice:)}

where the buffalo roam...
{not really :)}

Sorry to dissapoint those of you that thought
I was indeed headed off to the wild west after the french flea
but...
I was knee deep in party planning...

Miss Grace & T.s birthdays are a week apart..
{advice #1 do not have your kids a week apart!}
I decided that this year they were having 1 party together...
{not quite as much fun, definetly easier!}
Above picture is some of the party goods...

Anyhoo...they both wanted {with a little parental persuasion!-
T. originally thought he wanted a gun party?!?}
 cowboy/cowgirl party
{but gun/cowboy are the basically the same right?:)}
I had lots of grand ideas but...
with the 90 degree heat outside
{advice #2 dont have a baby in July if your wanting to have parties outside!}
 & with a husband
who just doesn't quite share my vision for parties...
this was it...
{We used pie tins & mason jars for plates & cups}

quick cupcakes
The larger cakes were made by a friend...
{you can see T.s here & I will post Miss Graces on her b-day!}
{advice #3 Always hire cakes made!}


{our little photo booth}
the kids loved this!

Some sweet neighbors brought their horse & buckboard over
& gave rides to our little cowpokes...

{don't tell him that cowboys don't wear shorts!}


                                                               {the cowgirls!}

                                          & there you have it...
                                            {advice #4 take pictures before the party-
                                           it is soon all destroyed or you get too busy!}

         --All of you are children of the most High..Psalm 82:6
                                       

4 comments:

  1. Cute, cute. My sis's kids have birthdays 3 days apart. And they have parties together somtimes too. Easier on Mom:)
    Hiring the cake made is some of the best birthday advice around. You get a cute cake without the stress of spending a day making it along with all the other party prep.
    Love the photo booth idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This party is too cute! I love it! The cupcake toppers are great!
    Gretchen:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww very sweet! I used to love to give the kids parties...
    Can't wait to see you this week! I am closed tomorrow but will be at the shop all week... the number at the shop is 630-545-0115 in case you have any questions.
    Looking forward to seeing you, the shop is a wreck...
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll agree with having the cake made and taking lots of pictures before the guests arrive! But I'm not so sure about not having a baby is July..we were really wishing we could expand our party outside when we were crammed into our tiny dining room in Febuary!

    Love the picture of the shorts and boots...looks like something Malachi would want to wear!!

    ReplyDelete