Tuesday, August 11, 2009

L is for Learning...

--- It is that time again... I see the evidence every time
I venture into town, there are back to school sales
in abundance!! It even gets me excited {& surely
those retail marketers know that :)}.

Back to school shopping with my parents was a
special time ... {loved shopping /despised school}..


Loved being able to get ...

a fresh new box of crayons
{sharp & just waiting to be used}



several new #2 pencils
--- a new backpack...
a couple of new outfits...
gym shoes...
paste {which still smells like "school" to me!}
& now since I have "shop" on my mind, I'm
even dreaming of "back to school" displays...

{I am normal - most of the time :)}




{old childrens books}





{vintage desk with school supplies
dangling above it}

I'm lovin' it ...
unfortunately I do not think a "back to school"
display is going to be very popular in November
{damaskdesigns 1st sale!} and since I do not even
have school age children....


I just dream {& blog:)} about it all...

---but this is a vivid reminder that I am still in the
the "school of life" ....
all these sweet little supplies are not necessary
but it does help for me to have a willingness to
learn....

Come unto me all ye that labour & are heavy
laden & I will give you rest... Take my yoke upon
you & learn of me; for I am meek & lowly in heart:
& ye shall find rest unto your souls ... Matthew 11:28-29

1 comment: