Thursday, January 7, 2010

He's got the whole world...

In his room...

{photo courtesty of Etsy}

The time has come...

T is moving out of the crib.

Of course like any mother the first

thought that popped into my mind was -

whoo - hoo new decor :)!

{followed closely by -

whoo-hoo we are actually putting the crib away!:)}

Anyhoo..

Now I am contemplating what exactly to do with

his room. I definetly want something timeless...

I am finding that boys decor is mostly "theme" oriented

& that is not me! After perusing my files - I've

narrowed it down ....


{photo courtesy of BH&G}

Love this room!

To the color scheme below... {I think :)}

{photo courtesy of moi}

Yep - Shocking I know :)

Blues - Greens - Tans w/ a touch of Red!


{photo courtesy of moi}
Posted by Picasa
Although I really like these too...
{more deep teals & aquas w/ golden orange!}
But I think I'm going with the top --
the real clincher is the paint color--
"Book Cloth Brown"
Seriously how sweet is that w/ vintage
globes & maps...
And...
Since my entire {ahem!} house is along
this color palatte I can pull in furnishings
from elsewhere!
{Just call me thrifty , or boring :)}
But I like it when rooms run together...
He hath set the world in their heart...Ecc.3:11

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love the paint color and the splash of red. I've also thought about maps for a boy's room. Something about their sense of adventure and exploring. Happy decorating and congrats on your big boy room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny... I came across an old map a few months ago & bought it thinking of Orrin's room. For now we hung it in the play room and I am making a banner to read He's got the whole world in his hands or Jesus loves the little children of the world. Great minds... (:

    ReplyDelete