Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Blues...

I have a million things to do.
I have had all day to be exact.

 But it is one of those days! Yesterday I was so productive
Checking off the to-do list as fast as this thinker can…
Which according to E. {who is a doer} isn’t very fast!
I admit yesterday was rare & today is mostly how my days have been of late.
Nonproductive.
I have lots of ideas.
{I think someone should invent a little machine
 that automatically takes the ideas straight from your brain
& transforms them into a word doc.-seriously how cool would that be!}
Anyhoo…lots of ideas, little energy.
I think it may be baby blues?!?

Miss Grace
{the child I was least worried about this adoption trip affecting!}
told me last week,
After yet another round of silent tears cascading down her face.
“My heart hurts…I want you to go pick little a. up but,
my heart hurts for you to go to Ch*na”.
Yep honey- I know! My heart is hurting too…
I too WANT little a. home but now
 that we are have to less than a week before we travel-
 reality has set in. Miss Grace & T. are staying here
 &
 we are indeed leaving them & flying across the world for 2 weeks!


Oh…My…Word….
 And the amazing part is that I really am one of those moms
that don’t mind leaving her little’s or getting a sitter
for a day or two! But 2 WHOLE weeks?

Please pray for us! That we will ALL remember that the Lord has brought us here
 {for which we are so very thankful!}
&
HE will give us strength to get through this HARD part.
 Maybe tomorrow more will get crossed off that list.
To-do list
Newsletter writing
Packing for us
Packing for a &t
Clean house
Clean out van
Wedding planning
Finish sewing projects
Lawyer app.
Chiro app.
3 out of 5 eve. With dinner plans

But for today, we are just holding, hugging & loving.
These last few days of being a family of 4 will soon be gone…
and a to-do list in some form or another will ALWAYS be here!

{posting pictures of warmer times :)}

--THIS is the day which the Lord hath made,
I will be glad & rejoice in it!...Psalm 118:24




4 comments:

  1. I know whenever my Sister and Brother-in-law go somewhere for any length of time, and I watch their daughter, she gets sad from missing them. I try to do things with her to keep her mind busy, and we count down the days. Well, one time I took her home, and they were to be home soon. She (the daughter was 7 at the time) got a phone call. A friend wanting her to spend the night. SHe said yes. I said, "What? YOu have been crying all week long for your parents, and now that they are home, you are going to go to a friends house to spend the night?" She said, "well, I've seen them now, and I just want them home." The way a mind of a child works.

    Congratulations on finally getting to bring him home. I'm guessing this means no winter sale!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would look big to me too, to be gone from my kiddos for two weeks. I know your children will be well taken care of and entertained and God will be with you all! Sometimes I think the beforehand thinking about it is worse than the actual reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww You are making me cry and I feel like the horrible aunt stealing your children.... I'm trying to make it as fun as I can and I promise I will do my very best to keep them feeling secure! I think it will go quicker than you think and I'm thankful it is so hard for all of you because really we wouldn't want it any other way, right?!?! You would feel awful if they didn't care you were leaving! :) God is big enough to take care of all of you, even a half a world away. It is all going to be worth it-in a few short weeks you are going to have that sweet little boy tucked safely in your house and you can love on him all you want! I love you and praying always that this is going to be easier than you think! Lana

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow. so glad you are traveling soon - the sooner you go the sooner you can be back!
    will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete