Wednesday, September 28, 2011

shop news...

   It is that time again....
I am starting to think about
{damaskdesigns}
holiday sale...

Actually I have been thinking about
damask in general...
Where is it going? Here I am a busy
{homeschooling} mom to 2 soon to be 3
{& knowing that our hearts are called to the fatherless &
only HE knows what that means!}
anyhoo...
I just keep wondering....
Is damask taking to much of me?
Is this what HE wants me to do?
Can I glorify HIM in this?
All these thoughts run rampant in my mind & then...
I get a wholesale catalog in the mail or I see a
shop display  & my heart speeds up with
color charts & my own display ideas
juggling for  space in my mind
& I know....
I Must Create!

inspiration for our holiday sale...

{It is a part of who I am & just as natural as breathing to me!}
It is in my blood & HE put it there!
How can I not glorify HIM when it is all from HIM?!?
Sure I may not be able to have sales as often
{not that I have them often anyways :)}
with 10 kids as I do with 2
{just seeing who's still w/ me here :)!},
but it is not impossible!

 And somewhere stashed away in my heart is a dream of
owning a little storefront with a coffee shop tucked inside...
because when you cease to dream...you cease to live.

--For I have created him for My own glory,
I have formed him, yea I have made him...
Isaiah 43:7

{more holiday sale details to come}



4 comments:

  1. You are so right on with this post! It is the very reason I walked away from my own store and now only do events for the Hortons. I do hope you continue even if it be in this small way until your wee ones are older. Then, you will have the time to have the store front of your dreams. This is a calling...you no well how many you reach in His name by being a source of inspiration. I still struggle too but only too often am awakened by a display that my heart pound faster! So silly but none the less true~ I am looking forward to your Christmas Holiday event! And can't wait to read more details!
    Have a blessed day my friend!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for just being youself! Also I like "when you cease to dream...you cease to live" We really needed that over here! Thank again and much love. SJH

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little coffee shop inside w/ books that glorify the Lord, teach His way and inspiration books that people can glance thru while they enjoy their drink and pastry (or whatever). A healing place - a place of ministry w/ beauty all around. Recently I said to someone "when you give up what you love - it is the beginning of death". Yes, the Lord put what we love inside of us. Now to ask Him - 'how do I use this desire that You've given me to glorify You?'. He will lead and direct. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please post on here when and where your winter sale will be located. I would love to come check it out.

    ReplyDelete