Here is a little peek into our CO. vacation...
Our rental home was just outside of Buena Vista
{which is straight west of CO. Springs}
We have been to CO. several times &
to a different area each time, I must say
I think this is my favorite place yet!
{It may have something to do with it actually being
civilization :)- with 3 coffee shops in town!}
Our favorite was the Buena Vista Roastery..
their drinks were almost as good as Java Jo'z ;).
Anyhoo Buena Vista is a beautiful valley with
moutains all around. From La Mancha Lodge
{our rental house- pictured above} we could see
8 peaks, over 14,000 ft. high! Plus we were surrounded by
national forest...
{our house was lovely & if any of you are
interested in renting a place that sleeps 10+ I'd
be glad to pass along the info on it!}
We had the privledge of seeing this Moose
along with a large bear {at our house!- needless to say the
children did not play outside :)}, elk & the usual
pronghorns...
Miss Grace @ Chipmunk Crossing in St. Elmo....
She is an animal lover & was beyond thrilled
at feeding these little guys!
even T. who is not an animal lover
{neither does he like to get dirty:)}
was loving this up close & personal experience :)
{I was trying hard to think on Alvin or the Rescue Rangers
& forget how closely they resemble mice!:/}
{some beautiful numbers in an old boarded up shop window}
I couldn't resist...
{St. Elmo}
CO. just makes my mind wander...
& I dream of living in the days of the settlers
& miners...
Several of you have asked "what" we do in CO...
& most of you have assumed correctly that
I am not the outdoors/sportswoman type :)...
I do however go 4 wheeling in CO.
{actually in our case we rented Rangers- they fit 4-6}
We usually take our own but we wanted to fly this time
so we decided to rent - a mistake we will not make again:/}
& I do have to work on my attitude the entire time...
{if truth be told- it is freezing, dusty & bumpy- need I say more :)}
But every few years I find myself back...
Most of it has to do with the love I have for E. :)
{a part of his heart is in CO.!}
& I must admit...I love the views that you can only see
on a ATV. Pristine mountain lakes, icy crystal streams,
snow capped mountains, desolate ghost towns,
hundreds of miles of clear blue sky with fluffy white clouds,
wildflowers in bloom, the smell of Aspens...
It is Gods creation at its finest & it is breathtaking...
{Someday I am going to pack an easel & watercolours - now wouldn't that be delightful :)}
--When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
& hear the brook & feel the gentle breeze;
then sings my soul my Saviour God to Thee;
How great Thou art!--
{ more to come on our new son :) & shop updates!}

I've been to Colorado a few times and it is beautiful. I have a cousin that lives in Denver. When I was a kid, I remember slamming the car door on my brother's fingers and a ranger had to carry him across the royal gorge because he was afraid of heights and the medic station was on the other side of the bridge. Funny what we remember. love the song How Great Thou Art...I think I"ll hum it in my head as I go to bed now.
ReplyDeleteGood night.
Cindy Bee
PS - I heard or read somewhere that the bull moose is the number one cause of death by a wild animal. Good choice not to let the kids play outside.
I know I'm not to be jealous, but I think I am just a tidbit. We had planned to head out there this summer, but farming took too long. :( I love it there...dirt and all!!
ReplyDelete