Here is a little update in the midst of the wedding posts...
partly because I know that you are all on the edge of your
seats eagerly anticipating each morsel of info,
I toss your way :), but mostly because I can't go very long without
looking at his sweet face!

I find myself several times a day
{in the midst of the choas around here!}
just stopping & looking at him in wonderment...
Our sweet, happy, beautiful Asian son.
{& I whisper a prayer of gratitude to HIM who made
made it all possible!}
partly because I know that you are all on the edge of your
seats eagerly anticipating each morsel of info,
I toss your way :), but mostly because I can't go very long without
looking at his sweet face!
I find myself several times a day
{in the midst of the choas around here!}
just stopping & looking at him in wonderment...
Our sweet, happy, beautiful Asian son.
{& I whisper a prayer of gratitude to HIM who made
made it all possible!}
{he was watching me sit indian style & worked
& worked until he accomplished it himself!:)}
Now for the update...
We had our first post adoption homestudy visit last week.
It went very well & our social worker was so encouraging!
She thought every single one of our 3 littles was adjusting well!
{it was great to hear that from a professional- because I have moments that I
wonder if all 5 of us are losing it!:)}
Little a. would talk to her but he did not want
her to hold him! Yay!
{another attachment milestone!}
On Wednesday we had our Riley Doctor app.
{at the International Clinic}
This went great too!
We came home with a list of several different specialists
that we need to make app. with, but none are urgent
{as in -next week urgent!}.
Little a. weighed in at 20lbs. :/
& he will be 3 next month!
{that was a little bit of a let down for his mama:/}
I have been doctring up his food with protein, veggies & all
other kinds of nutrients for 3 weeks now & still
no weight gain...
Anyhoo the dietician thought we were on the right track
& I just needed to add fat {as in whipping cream, butter & oil :/}
to his food too!
Now you know why if the rest of us have a sudden weight gain:)!
Actually he still prefers his rice & congee dishes over our food...
We still have several dr. visits ahead of us
but all in all we left Riley encouraged by what we had learned!
And truth be told...
I left with a little part of my heart sad.
Sad because our sweet little boy sat on the waiting child list
for 2 1/2 with a diagnosis that looked grim &
here in a matter of a few weeks the diagnosis completely changed!
{don't get me wrong- i am beyond thankful for that part!:)}
but my heart is sad for all those thousands of other children
who have been stuck with a label
{that deems them unadoptable by most!}
that is most likely worst case scenario
or even untrue.
That is why my heart is sad :/...
Join us in praying for these precious children!
--James 1:27--

SO TRUE!!!! I think the same thing... all the children waiting and people passing by because of a label. I am so thankful the way A's story unfolded. I knew from the moment I met him that he would be just fine, he just needed a family! Remember- I still have dreams of watching him play in a T-ball game. So, we might have to set one of those up in a few years, LOL :) I know he will walk (and by the sounds of it, he will probably just run)and I know he will live a fulfilling life!!!! So happy for your family :)
ReplyDeleteI had a feeling his 'issues' wouldn't really be that bad once he was in a loving home. he certainly is a darling little thing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sad thought for those poor kiddos. My heart has been inspired by you and your family's story. My prayers are with you all and all those sweet children hoping to be loved. Oh my heart aches just writing those words. Praying, praying, praying. :)
ReplyDeleteLittle A looks like such a sweetie... love the big brother/little brother shirts! What is it about being a mama that makes us feel such satisfaction at our babies gaining weight? :)
ReplyDelete