Have your cake
& eat it too...
the cake was made by a friend of the bride
{& her mother!...actually she is the one who makes my kids b-day cakes too!}
I had seen some faux bois blind embossing on some letterpress cards
& knew it would fit right in w/ the wedding ...
So we asked the cake decorator & she was willing to give it a shot...
It turned out beautiful...
The "tree" cake stands are all over blogland...
& so charming...
I had originally asked E. to make them
he was not overly thrilled...
so @ the 11th hour my sis
asked her fiance'
{who was so high on love that he obliged :)}
{ok...so there is a few advantages of "dating" :)}
She even put a "carving" of the bride & groom intials
on the side of it...
How sweet is that!
No meal was served...
just cake, party mix, icecream
{w/ hot fudge & caramel sauce}
& mint sticks...
& a coffee bar...
{nixing the meal was a way to stay w/ in the budget}
We stamped monograms on these little
flags & stapled the bags shut...
chocolate dipped mint sticks...
the petite cake for the bride & groom...
{cake stand from damask}
the flowers were simple...
made to look like they were just laid
on a tree stump...
the remaining details to come...
--I have put my trust in the Lord God...
Psalm 73:28
What a beautiful wedding. Looks like something right out of your shop! I love the cake and all of the individual wrapped treats. Very elegant.
ReplyDeleteCindy
Okay so where do I begin....the faux bois cakes are divine!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so borrowing this idea! (I am thinking about doing an Open House in the cottage this Spring)
I love all of the wonderful little touches and it is so...obvious you did this event!