Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Truths & Thankfulness....

Here is a truth...
I am not at church this morning.
I started out with good intentions...
even pre-planning.
laying out clothes the night before...
getting food around for Sunday noon...
ironing our Sunday best....
but lo & behold...
My dear husband gets up & heads off
early to church {he helps w/ our sound system},
& alas with me in charge...we just can't do it!
I am thankful for my husband...who helps me most
Sundays & that I'm not doing this daily by myself...


I am thankful for a long weekend...
just being with my little ones & my dear husband is sweet...
Even though the truth is we spent Thanksgiving here at
home with the flu :(
It was a special day...
Lots  of cleaning, laundry & down time...

Here is another truth for you...
{confession is good for the soul!}
My sisters wedding is a week away..
& my dress {bridesmaid} dress is yet to be started!
I am thankful that someone else is making it!
{along with Miss Grace's flower girl dress!}
Truth 3 & 4
    I love weddings & all the details that go into them...
Yet I am sooo ready for Dec. 5th to get here...
{lets get that girl married!}
I have yet to do a single wedding post...
but they will come...promise :).
I am thankful {again} for my multi-talented husband
who obliges me on many of my hair-brained schemes...
{wait until you see the backdrop he made!}

Another truth is...
All this wedding planning makes me
want to do it all over again...
{to the same guy...of course:)!}
All these little details sre so fun
& it is amazing how things have changed
in 12 yrs.!! Plus when you see all the
neat gifts the bride gets at her bridal shower...
{the days of baking dishes & cookie sheets are no more!}
let alone how fun the honeymoon sounds...
Need I say more....
I am thankful we have 12yrs. behind us...
there is several little bumpsthat I wouldn't want to repeat..

Truth number 7...
I am smitten with Asian children....
& this year I've been esp.thankful for
adoption agencies & their employees who work on our behalf....
Who genuinely care about us & orphaned children...
{& tirelessly answer my questions & return my phone calls so promptly!}
 here is a truth that you already know...
the shop {again!} has been put on the bottom of my 
priority list for these last few weeks...
but...
I am so thankful for all of my customers...
your kind words & purchases {another truth :)}
keep damask going!
In fact the shop is empty & in need of re-stocking right
now because of you!...

Truth #10...
I didn't do the black friday/shopping thing...
It kinda freaks me out...
I am more of a leisurely shopper/gatherer...
{price isn't of greatest importance to me!}
Instead I spent the day with some very dear friends
{& my honey...}
at their coffee shop...
I am so very thankful for friends...
one of Gods greatest blessings!
I am also thankful for a dear m-i-l who wants to b-sit!

Truths #11,12 & 13...
Life is sweet....
{busy, full & not so perfect...}
but still sweet...
I am so very blest...
The Lord is so good....

Thank you my dear friend...for hanging with me
 & reading this the entire way through ...
I am thankful for you...

--O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good...
Psalm 136.1
{if you noticed...I wrote this Sunday & am just getting it posted...
such is my life...}




3 comments:

  1. I missed Sunday, too ...
    sometimes I just can't get out of my jammies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind in blogging and so I am behind in commenting... Congratulations on the adoption news... I am so excited for you. I praise God that there is going to be one less lonely child through your family. Prayers for this time of waiting. I've been sewing and listening to Christmas music... I heard this and said a prayer for you... be blessed!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muQhSwVBkAo&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i start to grumble in a "single parenting moment" i think of all the military wives.. say a prayer for them and try to adjust my attitude!

    ReplyDelete