Wednesday, May 18, 2011

if it wasn't for them...

I would not be a Mother...


We spent most of Mothers Day with my mother
and the evening with my mother-in-law...
{just a note: E & I both lost our fathers in the prime of their lives}
our mothers are such an inspiration to us...
I know that the experience of losing their husbands
and then facing a long life alone is not what they ever imagined.
But they have showed us that it really is ok...
Sure it isn't what they would have chosen but
they are not alone...
{for Thou art with me...-isn't that what HE has promised? Psalm 23}
Any how ..we love them & are blest by them...

Sorry for the bunny trail :)- & on to my story...
Bedtime came around Sunday evening & I noticed Miss Grace
had headed to the kitchen & was emptying out the dishwasher!
{at this point I broke into a loud rendition of "Amazing Grace"}
Just kidding...but I did ask her what she was doing..
She ever so sweetly replied
"well today was Mothers Day & we didn't really do anything for you
so I want to clean out the dishwasher for you!"
I was seriously moved to tears...


I wouldn't be able to experience the joys
{& yes..sometimes frustrations :)}
of motherhood without them...
How blest I am to be their mother!

{postscript..this is several days late but..I procrastinated & blogger had issues..}

--I do not need to be rich, my children are my treasures...
Myrna Jean Johnson

4 comments:

  1. You are SO blessed and I'm glad you realize it. This brought tears to my eyes too, I must be hormonal! I told you one time I didn't have children, but it wasn't my choice. I was raised Catholic for crying out loud! I wanted at least a dozen! And I wanted to be a stay at home Mom. And a loving wife. And I wanted to sew them clothes out of curtains just like Julie Andrews did on The Sound of Music! Lordy me...what was I thinking...about the clothes/curtains I mean!!!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you had lost your dad as well.....I'm sorry. E lost his dad soon after my u. ron flora?.

    {happy belated mother's day to you!}

    xo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very sweet Amber! And yes, you are indeed blessed with two very sweet children :) Cant wait to meet the third!!! Stef

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! and you too!:)
    ~LL

    ReplyDelete