--The first shop I begged my dear husband to
stop at was in Prarie Village, KS.
{we did manage a full day of driving prior to this stop :)}
I had seen Curious Sofa featured in
several magazines over the years...
most recently in
Where Women Create...
& I also knew that by
the way my heart skipped a
beat every time I gazed upon pictures
of this shop...
seeing it in person would be pure delight...
{& I wasn't dissapointed!}
as a side note...
I just marvel at this fine perception we all have...
either we like something
{& we immediately know it :)}
or we don't...
{enough said!}
anyhoo...
fall {& halloween} was in fine form here...
{I'd like to see this place @ another time of year..
halloween is just too sinister for me :)}
& gorgeous linens...
{I liked Curious Sofa!}
since I've started shopkeeping
I've noticed I shop a whole new way...
I have always shopped leisurely & noticed the details
{to E.s dismay :)}
but now, I take in the displays,the lighting, the merchandise,
the merchandise brand...
you get the picture :)
and I seek out the little shops...
the independant shopkeeper...
{the ones who have a dream & still chase it in this economy..}
I want to see exactly how they do it...
so I try to absorb as much of their shop as possible...
{trust me I'm not as freaky as this sounds :)}
in reality I'm just a small town girl with a
few visions that cause me to dream big dreams ...
& one of them is that little shops
continue to thrive & delight their customers in this crazy world...
---Teach me to do Thy will; for thou art my God..Psalm 143:10
I recently visited Curious Sofa also! ( And was just getting ready to do a post about it...) I'm not a lover of Halloween & no longer decorate for it, only doing the autumn theme. But I thought it was fun to see how she had fun with the ghoulish side of this time of year! My sister was with me & she loved it. I live in Indiana but my sis lives in Overland Park & we try to visit this shop when I'm in town. Your view was interesting!
ReplyDelete