On a whim...
{& realizing that our c-mas cards really do need to come down!}
the kids & I cut out paper hearts...
{Miss Grace just learning & so impressed w/ folding a paper in half & cutting a heart out:)}
Our original intention was to write the name of somebody on
each heart to pray for...
but w/ a 5.5 & 3.5 yr. old "helping"
our
prayers started turning into thanksgivings
Automatically I started to correct them...

{our prayer/thanksgiving board}
and then smiled & started jotting down thanksgivings...
from the mouth of babes...
I smiled because a few weeks ago a friend
gave me this book...
{& realizing that our c-mas cards really do need to come down!}
the kids & I cut out paper hearts...
{Miss Grace just learning & so impressed w/ folding a paper in half & cutting a heart out:)}
Our original intention was to write the name of somebody on
each heart to pray for...
but w/ a 5.5 & 3.5 yr. old "helping"
our
prayers started turning into thanksgivings
Automatically I started to correct them...
{our prayer/thanksgiving board}
and then smiled & started jotting down thanksgivings...
from the mouth of babes...
I smiled because a few weeks ago a friend
gave me this book...
{her blog writings have long touched my heart!}
anyhoo...
I devoured the book & I can honestly say
It is incredible...
{I do not say those words lightly!}
Ann speaks about
Eucharisteo {thanksgiving}
the root word being
charis = grace
or
chara = joy
-through thanksgiving we can have joy...
-thanksgiving is the evidence of our acceptance to whatever HE gives...
-thanksgiving is the manifestation of our YES! to HIS grace...
{all quoted from this book - all believed by me :)}
Ann further challenges to start a list of 1000 things
that you are thankful for...
{I recommend it!}
thanksgiving changes your entire outlook on life...
-because the habit of discontentment can only be driven
out by hammering in one iron sharper, the sleek pin
of gratitude...
because really...what do we have that God has not gifted us?
{& maybe just maybe...if I keep a little pile of empty notes nearby
just waiting to be filled out perhaps...
their little minds will be drawn to thanksgiving...}
--for I have learned in whatsoever state I am,
therewith to be content...Philippians 4:11

Yay! I just bought this book a few days ago- looking SO forward to diving into it's covers...
ReplyDeleteLove this post....!! Thanks for sharing!! Oh how we need more gratefulness for all our abundant blessings!! We are SO blessed and the sooner we can truly grasp it how much better life will be:}....
ReplyDeleteOkay, now I really must be off to google that book, it pops up everywhere in blog land.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy Friday! xx
Great post my friend! I truly believe I too need to be more grateful for the blessings in my life!
ReplyDelete(Where can I find this book? It sounds wonderful!) And can you include the link to her blog!
I will be in touch about my additional goodies!
Been working alot this week!
Have a blessed weekend!
Donna
I just ordered this book...so glad to read that you recommend it! Now, I'm sure it will be a treasure :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sweetie
ReplyDeleteI just left a post but it disappeared before I finished... you think I'd know how to do this by now,
As I was saying I love this post~the evidence of acceptance to what He has for us. What Father doesn't love a grateful child, how pleasing a child is that is trusting and gives thanks in all things knowing and trusting in his father to take care of his needs. This attitude will find favor in any father, how much more does our Heavenly Father love to give us His gifts when we trust Him and it all starts with praise and thanksgiving.
Thank you and I will look for the book
Blessings
Rebecca